The rasberry has made a HUGE comeback. It seems more like a past time if anything, in the car, on the living room floor, in the high chair, in the crib, changing the dipaer - raspberries and wet ones at that! Very curious to know what about this action babies like? The choice of laughter? Being dropped or hung upside down. If we throw her in the air, no reaction, but if we pretend to drop her, we get giggles.
Miya had a well check appt and she is in good health. There is still a slight Stills Murmur, but nothing to be concerned about. The heavyweight has been bumped down to a lighter category (can you believe it?) to the 50%-75% at a solid 20lbs, while her height is at 28 3/4 inches which puts her in the 75% (still mostly torso). I met a young family couple who had baby around Miya's age and noticed that their baby had longer legs. Of course my paranoia set in and at the Doc appt I had asked if her legs were developing normally. Silly me.
Military crawl is still the choice of movement. Normal crawl I think is too much work for her right now. When we stack her toy cups across the room, she makes her way towards the cup really fast and a yell, almost like she is saying "hi-ya!" before she karate chops down the cup stack. Her latest accomplishment is that she can put herself in a sitting position. Whoo hoo! Usually from a tummy on the floor, she turns her hips sideways and backs her hands up.
Eating is getting better, she now likes baby yogurt and string cheese. It took a little getting use to eating cold foods. LOVES real bananas. One day I had given her some bananas before dinner and took the bananas away before she got too full. Why I gave her bananas I have no idea why, but the consequences were becoming apparant. Miya started crying and crying like she was in pain. I put her in the high chair thinking she was hungry, so I gave her baby food, batted the spoon away and cried and cried. I finally caved in and let her eat the banana and she stopped crying. Geez! Mental note, give bananas after meal.
I gave her another bang trim, but it looks terrible! She wouldn't sit still so I had to grab her bangs and make one huge cut! Her bangs look so blunt like a bowl cut! I didn't touch her back, but it still looks terrible! Ugh! Troy keeps commenting "nice cha-wan cut," (cha-wan = rice bowl in japanese). Ugh! She looks like a FOB! Bad me.
Miya had a well check appt and she is in good health. There is still a slight Stills Murmur, but nothing to be concerned about. The heavyweight has been bumped down to a lighter category (can you believe it?) to the 50%-75% at a solid 20lbs, while her height is at 28 3/4 inches which puts her in the 75% (still mostly torso). I met a young family couple who had baby around Miya's age and noticed that their baby had longer legs. Of course my paranoia set in and at the Doc appt I had asked if her legs were developing normally. Silly me.
Military crawl is still the choice of movement. Normal crawl I think is too much work for her right now. When we stack her toy cups across the room, she makes her way towards the cup really fast and a yell, almost like she is saying "hi-ya!" before she karate chops down the cup stack. Her latest accomplishment is that she can put herself in a sitting position. Whoo hoo! Usually from a tummy on the floor, she turns her hips sideways and backs her hands up.
Eating is getting better, she now likes baby yogurt and string cheese. It took a little getting use to eating cold foods. LOVES real bananas. One day I had given her some bananas before dinner and took the bananas away before she got too full. Why I gave her bananas I have no idea why, but the consequences were becoming apparant. Miya started crying and crying like she was in pain. I put her in the high chair thinking she was hungry, so I gave her baby food, batted the spoon away and cried and cried. I finally caved in and let her eat the banana and she stopped crying. Geez! Mental note, give bananas after meal.
I gave her another bang trim, but it looks terrible! She wouldn't sit still so I had to grab her bangs and make one huge cut! Her bangs look so blunt like a bowl cut! I didn't touch her back, but it still looks terrible! Ugh! Troy keeps commenting "nice cha-wan cut," (cha-wan = rice bowl in japanese). Ugh! She looks like a FOB! Bad me.
No comments:
Post a Comment