Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

A few weeks back we went to a pumpkin patch in Clayton, the same one as last year. When we had first arrived, Miya looked around and said "whoa, lots of orange." After scoping out the place, Miya got really comfortable and started picking up little pumpkins and throwing them in the cart. I swear the little pumpkins were going to crack open given the way Miya would toss them in the cart and take off to get more.


There was also a haystack maze, which freaked her out at first. I held her hand as we made our way through and seemed to have a lot of fun and squealed a lot. Troy tried to scare her by entering from the other side and catching her somewhere in the middle. When she first saw Troy, she jumped and ran towards me. Then she realized it was daddy and started laughing and said "daddy funny.



The next day we drove to do an errand and Miya said, " Go see pumpkin patch?" I guess she enjoyed herself yesterday.



Potty training is officially done! Whoo hoo! Miya has accidents every so often, but she calls for me in the middle of the night when she has to go, she hasn't had an accident in preschool in 3 weeks. I think we're done! I hope....




Our next transition is moving her out of her crib, in time for #2. We bought a new bed, nightstand and dresser for Miya's room to get her adjusted to the idea of sleeping in the bed. Every time we went furniture shopping, she seemed really interested in sleeping in a regular bed. Miya would climb into the bed and pretend to sleep. Literally, wants to check out every bed on the floor. So we bought a set. Misunderstanding on our part. Miya only wants to play on her bed, but not sleep in it. The other day for nap, Troy slept with her in the bed until she went to sleep. The good news is that she napped for about 3 hours and did not come close to falling off the bed. Phase one, done. Phase two, will she sleep for the night in her own bed? I went to bed with her last night and took her 2 hours to fall asleep! Once she was asleep, I snuck out. I guess she noticed I wasn't there this morning and started crying saying "mommy gone!" At least she slept the entire night in the bed. I'm not sure how long this will go on as she is napping in the crib today.
Preschool seems to be going well, she is starting to speak better and is becoming more social (SLOWLY). Miya knows all her classmates first and last names and even has a BFF, Josie. The school is working on her ability to control her emotions. Instead of crying because someone took something or pushed her, the teachers will tell her use your words. I tried to do the same thing to maintain consistency and hopefully the crying will stop. Who knew such a little body could produce so many tears.



On Friday, Miya was in her first parade. At preschool they had a Halloween parade and Troy & I took the day off to attend. It was soooooooo cute to see all those kids dressed up. Of course, Miya and some other kids started crying when they saw their parents. Miya kept making sure that I wasn't going to leave and had her eye on me or Troy at all times. Once the parade was over, Miya asked, "I go home with mommy?" I said ok. The kids all lined up and had a small piece of candy and what does Miya ask, "more mommy?" I told her "if you want more, you have to stay at preschool. If you want to go home, no more candy." She opted for no candy and go home. I would not have guessed that one.

No comments: