Max had his 15-month well check and he is doing well on the most part. I went into the appt ready to hear that he was going to be in the 25% again. To my surprise, he jumped up to 50% in height and remained 25% in weight. Hard to believe regarding the weight, Max is really round and has super full cheeks. Almost like a mini-Troy.. lol! We all know that Max is lags in the gross motor development, but as long as he progresses, he’s good. By this time, Max should be saying 2-3 words, but we only have a “buh,” which could mean bye or boo (Miya likes to scare him).
Max still does not want anything to do with new foods. Head shakes every direction, batting my hand away. Like the medicine, I have to tie his hands down and force him to taste the food. After processing the taste, he opens his mouth and is ready to eat dinner. Max has already developed a distaste for vegatables… luck me. The one vegetable he is willing to eat is cooked broccoli and it can’t be the first thing he tastes. I have to hide the broccoli behind or under the meat. If not, he immediately pushes the food out of his mouth. The favorites? Pizza, spaghetti or mi-ah guk (Korean seaweed soup).
Miya is starting to develop this competitive side to her, especially with Max. Miya never cared for the stroller, but when we use one for Max, we get “I’m tired of walking, I want to sit in the stroller.” We are getting close to purchasing a tandem stroller. Ugh. Don't get me wrong, Miya is still really sweet to Max and is willing to share her food with him. Miya even understands not to share utensils when one has a cold. In the morning, I will make two oatmeals and Miya will feed herself one and feed Max the other. So cute.
Miya continues to improve her writing; she is really interested in learning her letters and numbers. I never realized how difficult some of the letters could be, especially the letters with strokes that slant, like the letter k and y. Getting Miya to learn the phonics, whole another issue.
I could be wrong, but I remember when Miya was teething, a couple of teeth would come in every couple of weeks. Not with Max, it is one tooth after another and the excess drooling is out of control. Now that his bottom two teeth are in, his top two teeth are making an appearance. With each tooth coming in, Max always gets a fever, a little diarrhea and SUPER fussy. Always wants to be held. I try to give him medicine, but he initially refuses until I wrestle his arms down and make his taste it. Once he realizes he likes it, his mouth opens back up and is ready for more.
In the last few weeks, Max stopped sucking his thumb, not by choice. Prior to recent rainfall, the air has been really dry and his thumb had cracked and callused. Every time he went to self-soothe, he put his thumb in his mouth, pulled out immediately and start crying. My poor little guy. Sadly enough, this effected sleep and would let out a cry for a couple of times throughout the night and naps. Max finally figured it out and sleeping much better these days. He even figured out how to nap 1 hour in the morning and 2 hrs in the afternoon, which a HUGE improvement from before where he was napping 30 min in the morning and 45 min in the afternoon.
Pink is still Miya’s favorite color. Something is always pink on her, jacket, dress, leggings or socks. When does this phase end? The other strong reference is princess, specifically Sleeping Beauty (pink dress) and Belle. Not sure why she likes Belle, but I’m not complaining, she’s brunette. Miya’s birthday is coming up and she knows that we are going to have a real party with a gymnastics theme and is pretty excited. She seems ready, but we will see how she handles the attention. The theme is pink princess. Surprise Surprise. We think the big purchase this year will be a 16” bike, pink princess theme. She appeared to really enjoy the bikes we were testing and she got the hang of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment