Miya is approaching preschool graduation and can't believe my baby Miya is not a baby anymore. When I look back at the last five years with my little girl, it was trying at times but definitely the best moments of my life. For whatever reason I get sad when I see what is to come... I know that I will slowly lose her to her friends.
A topic that we are started to touch is the word, "selfish." I realize from a toddler/ preschooler's world, they are the center of the world. I may be late to the game but it is time for Miya to learn that her actions may have consequences and may be hurtful to other people. Miya only wants to do whatever she wants to and say. Her tone of her speech is getting condescending and borderline rude. If I ask her to repeat herself because I missed it, Miya's response is " I said....." or "I hate this!" My response is to keep her in check and mimic her, so she knows how it feels.
One of the skills we are teaching is reading. Miya has been working on the sounds of the letters and has it down on the most part. The vowels throw her off, can't blame her, too many rules with reading. We have been mainly worked on three letter words (magnet game) and the level 1 learning to read books, of course the subject is about the Disney princesses.
Max knows all his immediate cousins names, Sami, Sean, Carson and Karis. After a couple of trips, Max is become a good little traveler. The biggest pain traveling with him is his car seat. Troy wants to check the monster seat in, but it would be a HUGE mistake. That is how Max falls asleep on the plane.
We are touching the topic of potty training and he calls poo-poo when he goes #1 and #2. The constant rash he is getting is motivating us to start potty training him. He is scheduled to start preschool this summer. Besides, we are tired of changing diapers. He's not a baby any more is he?
I know you can't tell from the pics, but the drooling has slow down considerably. I realize that he does not close his mouth completely which is why he is still drooling. I am teaching him to keep his mouth closed and swallow his saliva. However, when the drooling comes rushing back, he is getting congested from allergies or a cold. Sweet...
No comments:
Post a Comment