Monday, March 31, 2014

Brand New Bike

As I'm trying to get caught up, I realized that I have not taken any pics this year!  Bad mommy!  I'll have to record what has happened thus far this year.


As of January, Miya has mastered the razor scooter and balancing well + brakes.  Reading comprehension continues to be her least favorite subject and main focus (don't we all?).   The favorite subject is math, she seems to grasp the concepts quickly and fly through the worksheets.   We had a day in January where Troy had to go back to work, and Miya came to work with me.  Brought a bunch workbooks, which she barely touched.  My FA Mike ended up entertaining he most of the day.  Miya enjoyed riding the BART during commute hours, which I think is a good life lesson to see how the "real world" operates.  As for Max, he is learning to hold a pen the proper way, learning to sound out letters, hates homework (tears fallig down his chubby little cheeks), dunked his head during swim class (completely dunked his head), and finally was open to weargin goggles and fins (yeah!).



In Februrary, Miya learned to purl (knit).  Sadly I can't help because I have NO idea how to knit, we bought a "real bike," now that she is starting, stopping and balancing well, softball practice has begun with Troy being the head coach (yes that's right).  As for Max, he LOVES to rough house, and found friends who love it as well (Theo, Damian, Jordan). Naps, slowly being phased out (yeah!).  Sometimes he needs one and others not.   Going 3 days without a nap is way too long, and clearly evidenced by the meltdowns (fun).   Max got a bike as well, since Miya got one and LOVES to go to SF.




In March, I had a parent teacher conference with Mrs. Carter, who gave Miya a good review.   Miya is a strong student and does well in class.  The one area to work on is comprehension (ugh).    Max is swimming, he's able to kick and make himself move and moved to the next level Seahorse.   Max has FINALLY shown that he wants to be independent, wants to to put his own clothes on/off, turn on/off lights.  Makes this cute expression by corssing his arms and says "i'm not happy," like that at is suppose to make us change our minds.. cute.

No comments: