Sunday, March 9, 2008

Your Turn!





Miya is getting really good at having a toy in her hand and passing it back and forth between Troy and her. She sticks her arm out to give it to him and Troy says "thank you." Then Troy hands her the toy back and she takes it from his hand! Another cute development is that she is starting to dance to music. Either sway her upper body back and forth if she's standing or bob up and down if she's sitting. We're trying to figure out what kind of music triggers the dancing, but turns out to be completely random. The dancing only happens for a few seconds which makes it difficult to capture on camera.

Her curiosity is getting the better of her. Miya climbed up the side of the wall to get into a standing position which was a first. Ususally she needs something to grab onto, like an edge of a wall or top of a table. I have yet to see her do it again, but I'm sure it will happen again. She did climb herself up using the leg of the dining table and started crying because she didn't know how to get herself down. The strange thing is that she stands and puts herself in a sitting positiong when she's standing. I wonder why using a table leg is any different?

Today is daylight savings which is going to throw her sleep schedule off for the next couple of days. You know how I love to keep her on a sleep schedule. Otherwise, she continues to sleep well. She still gets up around 3:30am and starts talking or doing whatever, but I definitely don't go to her. This 3:30am magic hour - I guess she is just programmed that way! Also, I had intended to stop pumping by the end February. As much as I did "enjoy" pumping, I felt guilty for stopping knowing how good it is for Miya. Ok, maybe I'll aim for end of March. On the upside, Miya is now taking 3 formula bottles a day (out of 5).

We're starting to get excited for our trip to Hawaii, we just bought our tickets. Troy's mom bought a bunch of SUPER cute summer clothes from Gymboree and I had bought a bunch of clothes for her as well. I can't wait to put them on her when the weather warms up! I would rather shop for her than myself. Although I could use some new clothes as well.

We're going to lower her crib again to the lowest level. She's stands all the time in her crib and starts shaking the crib, like someone is in jail and wants to be set free. haha. Miya sometimes hangs herself over the edge just with her arms. Scary! I still keep her in a sleep sack when she sleeps which seems to help her sleep better. I guess it is her security blanket. I like the sleep sack too because it prevents her legs from stepping up on the bumper to elevater herself.

Day care continues to go well, she RARELY cries. Only starts to get antsy when her bottle is not ready. Otherwise, she's always playing with the toys there and not a tear on her face when I pick her up. When I arrive to pick her up, Miya sometimes squeals or claps her hand with excitement and starts crawling to me. Sometimes on her way towards me, something else captures her attention and makes a detour for that toy. I guess the toy is more imporant to her than me. Oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

You have got a very nice blog. But there is one large problem. Your visitors cannot search your archive. Therefore no one will read your older posts. Well, you can solve this by putting a search box to your layout. Use my link to add a search box to your blog!

http://bloggersearchbox.blogspot.com/