Saturday, June 21, 2008

14 Months Old






It has been sooooooooooo hot this week, a little on the unbearable side. Usually our area is in the 70'sduring the spring and summer. Not this past week. Troy had to go buy a portable a/c to cool the house down, especially Miya's room so she can go to sleep at night. Because of the hot weather, Miya has been a little sweat ball.

She hasn't made much progress walking. Before bath time, Troy grabs her one hand and they walk together down the hall to the bathroom to practice her walking. Troy has noticed that she has slowly shifted from walking sideways to walking forward. I guess side stepping is easier. I still can't get her to step on pavement or the grass. Miya just freaks out.

Sippy cup training isn't going well at all. I've finally given up for now. I can't believe Miya can go almost all day without drinking! Other than her morning bottle, Miya refuses any liquids if it doesn't come from the bottle! I tried for two weeks and nothing. She teased me one day during a car ride, she the spout in her moutch and take a couple of sips. It was exciting. Then nothing.

I'm trying to teach Miya how to slide off the couch, so she will be less likely to fall off the couch if I'm not looking. While she is sitting, I'll roll her to her tummy with her legs hanging off and she will start sliding. Of course Miya thinks we're playing a game and starts giggling. Sometimes she lands on her feet and sometimes she lands on her side. Work in progress.

Sleep is going well, still on two naps. Day care is going well. Miya has discovered watermelon and is a machine, almost robotic. A constant steady beat to pick up a slice of watermelon, open mouth, shove in mouth. Repeat until bowl is empty. Unbelievable.

No comments: