Sunday, June 29, 2008

No No No





Ok, so Miya isn't saying "no," but she sure knows how to let you know a "no" by shaking her head. Not so much back and forth shake but more of the math infinity sign, the number eight on its side. And if it is a HUGE "no," both her arms will wave in front of her and her head will shake like crazy. Some other developments are she can "give me five and way up high," inner thighs are super ticklish, and she loves bubbles. Although she isn't saying much, she definitely is starting to understand us. When we ask Miya to go "hug Lulu," Miya will crawl towards her Lulu (sheep chair) and and hug her.

In the past 3 days, Miya has really developed her skill for walking. It almost seems like she prefers to walk than crawl. Of course when she's tired crawling is the preferred method. When Miya wants to walk to her room from the living room, she will hold out her hand to grab your finger to walk her to her room.

Miya has also learned to climb steps. We only have one set of stairs, which is from the garage to the house. When we come from day care, I put her on the stairs and she'll start climbing to the top. The climb isn't really straight and gears toward the right. Regardless she gets to the top. The downside of learning this skill is that she can pull out drawers (pulls everything out) and uses the bottome drawer to get her grubby hands to the top drawer. Ugh. How do I know? I came home on Friday and it looked like someone had broken into Miya's room looking for something. Her clothes were everywhere!!!

She's definitely transitioning to one nap. The past couple of weeks at day care, she has only taken one nap every couple of days. When Miya is home with us on the weekends, she only takes one nap even when we put her down both times. The morning nap is a guarantee, but the afternoon nap is a toss up. Today we decided to try keeping her up until 11am, which I am hoping will result in a solid two hour nap. Miya's day care mentioned that she is going to put Miya down for one nap starting July, but I'm not sure what time that nap will be. I want to consistent with the day care schedule so Miya isn't so screwed up.

As Miya is getting older she is definitely a lot more fun and her personality is coming out more and more. On the most part, she's a calm toddler but then again she's not completely walking yet nor completely talking. I believe we are starting the beginning stages of the "terrible twos." Cry baby cry... oh geez, I can't wait to see the peak of the "lovely" twos.

No comments: