Sunday, December 21, 2008

20 Months Old


Wow, I can't believe the last time I've written was a month ago. It has been so hectic lately, work has been getting busy (year-end) which is making me exhausted at the end of the day.


Miya has a new BFF at day care, her name is Lidia. I've been told that they play together all the time, chasing each other, spinning and sometimes are the three musketeers when Payton (boy) joins them. Kinda cute. I'm happy to hear that Miya continues to have a good time at day care. On the down side, she gets so bored at home because she only has only Troy & myself. Let's face it, the only thing we really want to do is watch tv and chill on the couch. Not going to happen with munchkin around, constantly trying to get our attention. If we sit and watch tv, Miya will come up and gently push us to play with her. So much for relaxing.


Given the holidays, people have their Christmas lights and Miya LOVES them. As we drive by various homes on the way home from day care, Miya will point at the lights and get super excited. If the homes have colored lights, she SQUEALS. Can't contain the excitement. Too bad we only have white lights.

Miya is getting really good at saying hi, when someone enters the door. Also her new skill is giving kisses, real kisses, puckering and all. Before she would just push her face into your lips for a kiss. Now she kisses back and blows kisses.

Words are coming along and adding to vocabulary all the time. She knows mommy, daddy, baby, mung mung (dog), banana, cheese, etc. I am no longer stressed about her vocabulary and have calmed down now. Not so worried about her progress being on the slow side anymore. Miya is on the shy side and I know she'll eventually get there.

Because of Miya's shyness, I am trying to make a concerted effort to expose her to new environments by getting together with my friends with kids her age. I never realized there were so many children's discovery museums. Not cheap, which bothers Troy a bit, but Miya seems to have a lot of fun. Troy will learn that he no longer has his football/Nascar weekends to himself anymore. hee hee.

No comments: