
Our first "family" trip with all 4 of us prove to be a little challenging. Miya did great on the plane ride. We had downloaded a few of her favorite shows, ipod touch fully charged and snacks like you wouldn't believe. The flight was only about 2 hours long, but she was getting pretty restless at the 90 minute mark. Max on the other hand, didn't do as well. I had to put him on the sling and bounce him while I was standing - the ENTIRE trip. Ugh, good thing I got juicy thighs to handle the bouncing.
As you can see Carson & Max got along considering they don't really get one another. I think Carson was more impressed with someone someone smaller than him and he got to be the boss! My sister did a pretty good job with trying to teach Carson to be gentle.
After we settled in the first day, the girls were getting along on the most part. Miya, of course needs about an hour to get situated in a new place. Nothing new there. The amount of toys and activity in the play room was pretty impressive! Miya had so many options, she was pretty excited. The weather was really really hot, and we went to a public park with lots of water activities. It was really cool. I thought Miya would love it, she LOVES water activities. Instead, she wouldn't let go of Troy's hand, walking around. Maybe it was all the kids running around or just the large number of people at the park.
Miya and Karis started getting more and more comfortable with each other. The last time they spent a lengthy amount of time together was a year ago in Seattle. I'm so amazed how much their personalities have changed in just a year. Despite what my sister says, Karis has become more assertive and "smart." Karis did most of the leading and Miya was more than happy to follow.
Miya, at times, had enough of Karis' need to be "first" and would walk away and come play with Troy or myself. This was an interesting to see how Miya deals with conflict. On the most part, I'm proud that she knows when to walk away. A smaller part wishes she would fight back. Karis realized she may have gone to far and would speak nicely to Miya and offer to share or let her go first. Miya continue to "ice" her out until she felt ready to speak to Karis again. Pretty funny to see how tow 3 yrs interact.
We went to the beach one day, the weather was EXTREMELY hot (90s). Who knew Seattle could get so warm? Anyways, the water was a nice relief. Again, I thought Miya would have a blast with the sand and water. I was wrong again. Miya did not want to near the water because of the super small waves. Most of the time was spent playing in the sad and looking for "treasures."
Miya and Karis experienced their first movie theater. Karis was good and ready, my sister had shown Toy Story 1 and 2. Miya on the other hand, not so ready. She can't even sit still during story time. I know she's listening, but she can't just sit there and listen. Anyways, the movie was very successful for Karis and disastrous for Miya. After eating most of her popcorn, Miya was ready to move around. Keep in mind the move started 30 minutes ago. We went and walked around the a bit and came back to the theater, which bought me another 15 minutes before she would start talking and going through my purse.
The one big reason we went to Seattle was for my nephew, Carson's dol, which is a big event for a first birthday. My sister had hired a balloon animal guy and a tattoo artist. Miya had no interest in the balloons, but she was curious about putting hearts on her arms. We got one on each arm, pink (her favorite) and red.
After the party, we all headed back home and all the kids went down for nap. There was a mini carnival nearby with lots of bouncy houses. Bouncy houses had always scared Miya, but thought it might be different with Karis around. Nope I was wrong. The bigger ones, you had to climb up, no problem. To come down , you had to slide down, which is where Miya would freak out. When I say freak out, I mean, crying, stuck at the top. Someone had to help her down because she wouldn't move. I guess, she doesn't like heights. At least not at first. The only one she would even try this long flat one (above) and followed Karis. There was a small structure to climb, which was about her height. As long as she could see daddy's face through the side windows, she was willing to go through with it. Yeah! She finally loved it so much, she went through 5-6 times! Laughing all the way through each and every time.
It was unbelievably hot at the mini-carnival, we got the girls a smoothie to keep them hydrated. I swear Karis should have passed out the way she was going. I knew Miya was ok, she didn't exert as much energy as Karis, because she was too scared. haha.
Miya has some strong legs. All that jumping and pedaling, she had no problem moving the trike along with Karis on the back. Karis is more delicate and Troy needed to help her gain some momentum to pedal with Miya on her back. It is so interesting in matter of one year how much these girls have changed and developed into their own persons. I definitely think Karis is going to very competitive in school like Reese Witherspoon in Election (just like her mommy?) and Miya is more of an interactive learner and will be good in sports (maybe like me?).






























No comments:
Post a Comment