Saturday, August 28, 2010

Max - 8 mos & Miya is a Panda



Max turned 8 months old last week, I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by! We had his 8 month well check and he checked out fine. Weight and height, 17.15 lbs (25%) and 28.25" (75%). I was hoping the weight percentile was a fluke last month, but he's 25% again! We started to feed him solids, which he likes a lot and thought would bump up his percentile. Nope. I feel Max is so different from Miya when it comes to food. Miya at almost everything and ate it quickly. Max, on the other hand, vegetables, slow slow slow. I have to reheat veges two or three times in order to finish the jar. He like his bottle and food REALLY warm and refuses if slightly cool. I had a feeling he was going to be a picky eater when he was a couple months old.


A week before he turned 8 months, Max finally rolled from back to tummy! yeah! I was starting to worry that it would never happen. Because he hated tummy time so much, Troy and I focused more upright positions, like using the exersaucer. At the doc appt, the pediatrician expressed a small concern that he wasn't sitting well on his own (more like non-existent). We had tried a couple of time, only to fall over after a couple of seconds. Sad. If he wasn't sitting by 10 months, we need to have him evaluated by a development specialist to rule out any issues. I don't feel anything is wrong with Max, he's just unmotivated (Lazy!). After the appt, I have been focusing a lot on sitting. To my amazement, he did it, a whole 15 seconds! It has been a couple of days and he is not sitting all by himself on the floor for a good 5 minutes! I guess he was not given enough opportunities to sit on his own! Who cares about rolling now.. haha

Miya continues to enjoy Max's company more and more. She's even become over-protective! So cute. After picking up Miya from preschool and on our way to get Max, Miya worries when she sees cars going in the same direction for awhile. What I hear "they are trying to get Max. He's not their baby, he's my baby! Hurry mommy, go faster!" Love it. I wonder how long this love will last before Max starts moving and grabbing.


Miya has graduated from being a ducky to a panda at preschool, change. We all know Miya doesn't like change. Couple of weeks leading to the transition, we had talked about the panda class and the new teacher on a daily basis. Luckily the transition went well, no crying! Even the teacher was surprised, she thought Miya would be one of the big criers. I think it helped that her "clique" moved together and the kids were the same from her previous class. As a panda, she gets to play in the big kid yard. Exciting but dangerous. She has already came home with 2 different scrapes and falls. When she gets too excited, so clumsy. We're really happy that she enjoys preschool and looks forward to seeing her friends.



Max continues to sleep through the night. Overall he continues to be an easier baby than Miya. Two big things that differ, food and expressions. Troy thinks Max might have the hot Korean temper. Here we go again.. geez. When he turns 9 mos, I can feed him baby yogurt and cheese. I am going to concentrate on bulking him up. Once he does get moving, I'm afraid his percentile is going to drop. Oh no. Who wants a skinny baby?? The doc said I may expect him to get up on all fours and possibly army crawl between now and 10 months. Yeah right. Kid is only sitting up now... haha

No comments: