Sunday, September 19, 2010

Max is 9 months


Max will be turning 9 months old in a couple of days and he's made some real progress. Max can now sit by himself, although he has a tendency to lose balance when he gets excited and falls backwards... rolls both ways, slept on his tummy the other night, raises his arms when he wants to be picked up, dropped his third nap, LOVES to eat, and is VERY handsy. Grabs everything in sight, especially anything Miya is holding or eating. Sometimes, I think he grabs her stuff to get a rise out of her. Can he be that mischievous already?? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.




We had a family BBQ with Troy's family down in San Jose and we met Miya and Max's new cousin, Gavin. Looks like mini-Joshy. So cute! I had forgotten how small Max once was and it was only a few months ago. Gavin was making all those cute newborn sounds with his cute little baseball outfit. So sweet. Joshy looks like a good big brother, giving him lots of good hugs. Max played well with everyone and didn't really care who was holding him, as long as he was being held. Miya, on the other hand, was shy as usual but ever so SLOWLY warmed up to people. When we left, she gave hugs to the very few, but gave all others high-five. That's PROGRESS!


Miya continues to enjoy physical activities, like learning to kick a ball, playing and kicking water, attempting to ride a scooter. I was suppose to start swimming lessons for her, but totally missed that boat. The 3 year old class is without the parents and I'm pretty sure Miya is not up for that whatsoever. Instead, we opted to play at Lake Temescal with her friend Josie.



Our neighbor passed down their Princess scooter. I know I know, it is unlike me to give Miya anything princess-like. Luckily, she doesn't know any of the characters on the scooter. haha. It took a few weeks to get her the courage to attempt the scooter. It was slow going and still is... but at least she was courageous enough to try. Good job Miya.




Max seems to be a good little baby overall, lots of squealing with happiness, but the one person who cracks him up is Miya. Our daily drive home, Miya starts her one-man show and Max (like a good audience) cracks up!




Miya continues to be a good big sister. I think she will be good to Max when they get older, she really enjoys interacting with him and making him happy.


After a couple of weeks, Max finally understood how to use the jumper, kicking his legs like a little leprechaun. Definitely loves it and can sit a good 30-40 minutes which helps me to get stuff down around the house. Now that he's a rolly polly, I had to take all loose blankets out of his crib. He's covered his face a couple of times screaming and frustrated that he couldn't pull the blanket off.

No comments: