Sunday, November 18, 2007

7 mos old




Miya reached her 7 mos yesterday and she's doing well on the most part.

It looks like she's has bout 85% control when sitting up. When she gets too excited, she loses all sense of balance and tips over. She doesn't really seem to mind the fall unless she lands on one of her toys, then she lets out a cry. If she rolls over onto a toy, she cries also. Oh well, girl has got to get use to it.

Screaming, she's into screaming and using high pitched sounds like squealing. It is pretty annoying and LOUD. I guess she's experimenting with the sounds she can make. Can't wait until this stage is over. Miya still babbles a lot and chomps her mouth like she's eating but with no sound.

Sleep - Miya continues to nap 3 times a day and sleeps through the night in her own crib. It has been quite cold here, so we turn on the space heater in Miya's room. I don't want her to catch a cold since she goes to sleep with her hair a little wet from her bath. On Wednesday night she had rolled over before she went to sleep and did a 180. Imagine her head is where her feet usually are and vice versa. Not sure what she was doing, but she slept on her tummy the entire night! First time! She hasn't really slept on her tummy since then, but from what I hear it is inevitable.

I had my friend Sumi and her husband visit from L.A. this weekend. Miya took to them quite well, especially the husband. Miya couldn't stop staring at him. This morning, while Troy was running and Miya was napping, I had planned to take a shower. I asked Sumi to feed Miya when she wakes from her nap, which she did. While I was blow drying my hair, I heard Miya crying and checked on her. Sumi tried to keep her calm but Miya continued to cry and tears were streaming down her face. As soon as I showed up, she stopped crying and played by herself on the floor with her toys. Sumi said she just started crying for no reason and tried to console Miya by holding her. Holding her did the trick and when Sumi put Miya down again, more crying. I wonder what this was all about. I guess this is what happens at daycare.

Daycare, Miya is getting kicked out. If Miya doesn't adjust well, daycare asked that we find other arrangements in the new year. Whatevers. Clearly it is not a match. My mom watched her this past week and Miya didn't cry at all. Off to find new care.

No comments: