Sunday, November 11, 2007

Scooting along..




Miya is definitely getting more mobile. While on her tummy she pushes herself backwards with her two chubby arms and eventually makes her way half way across the room. Mental note, start baby proofing the house! We can also tell that she is starting to use her legs to raise her butt, I guess the next stage is to do lunges. While on the changing pad, the part where the end of the pad curves upward, Miya uses the curved part to use her chubby little legs to hoist her butt up when she's on her tummy. Which reminds me, Miya still hates it when I try to dry her hair after her bath. I think she knows her bottle is next and can't wait to eat!

Hunger is not much of an issue anymore. She is not eating as much as she use to. On the most part she has a 5oz bottle every three hours during the day. When it comes to her 3:30pm bottle, she doesn't always want it. Instead of drinking the bottle, she starts playing with the bottle. Solids are going well and eating sweet potatoes now. Squash continues to be her least favorite and her favorites are carrots, peas and green beans.

Hearing is definitely good. Everytime she hears a new sound, her head swings wildly towards the sound and is so curious about the sound. If the sound source is close enough, she'll try to grab at it with all her might! I had her in a sling today while grocery shopping and she tried grabbing for an item at the checkout counter and she was almost horizontal. Crazy girl! She could've have fallen out but she didn't. The sling is on too tight for her to fall out.

Daycare is not going well, still crying a LOT! We think we have finally figured out the problem, Miya is a loner! I didn't realize how bad until I came to pick her up one day and she was crying so loud! Daycare did a few experiments, and it turns out that Miya is ok having one or two babies around her, but soon becomes ovestimulated and starts crying. There is this one baby that totally freaks out Miya because she's a crawler. Daycare sometimes leaves Miya in the crib with a couple of toys while the other babies are in another room. Miya is fine that way and seems to calm down. Daycare feels guilty about leaving her in the room by herself, but I'm ok with it. If that is where Miya wants to be and she's calm, I'm totally ok with it! Anyways, to confirm our conclusion, my mom is going to take care of Miya Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and see if Miya cries.

Troy has tomorrow off for Veteran's holidays. Slacker...

No comments: