


Today was our first Turkey day with Miya. We went to San Jose to Aunty Chee's place where we ate a TON! Miya stuck to her bottles and was quite content. She definitely doesn't have stranger anxiety as long as Troy or I are in the room. Phew! If Miya had a breakown it would have made for one LONG afternoon.
Troy wanted to stick around longer, but I insisted that we leave by 4:30 at the latest given that we have an hour long ride home. Miya's bedtime is 6:30 (bath starts at 6p) and I do NOT look forward to her napping past 5:00p because this interferes with her night sleep. Troy refers to me as the sleep nazi. Whatevers. Miya continues to be a good sleeper. There is a reason why.... Although the past couple of nights, Miya has woken around 3:00am whining. I think she may be teething, not sure though. When she whines, both Troy and I wake up and stare at the monitor. We make sure she's ok, mute the monitor and go back to sleep.
I have a couple of daycares lined up to visit on Wednesday. I hope Miya takes to one of them. I guess I won't know for sure until she has been there for about a month. My newest thought on Miya's daycare issue is that she is not use to non-Asians. I didn't realize this but she only sees Asian, there's us of course, my parents, most of my friends that have visited are Asians. One my bosses (non-Asian) was holding Miya, she started crying. One of the daycare baby's father (nonAsian) came to pick up his son and Miya started panicking as the father came closer. I am sure I will come up with another theory next week.
Troy wanted to stick around longer, but I insisted that we leave by 4:30 at the latest given that we have an hour long ride home. Miya's bedtime is 6:30 (bath starts at 6p) and I do NOT look forward to her napping past 5:00p because this interferes with her night sleep. Troy refers to me as the sleep nazi. Whatevers. Miya continues to be a good sleeper. There is a reason why.... Although the past couple of nights, Miya has woken around 3:00am whining. I think she may be teething, not sure though. When she whines, both Troy and I wake up and stare at the monitor. We make sure she's ok, mute the monitor and go back to sleep.
I have a couple of daycares lined up to visit on Wednesday. I hope Miya takes to one of them. I guess I won't know for sure until she has been there for about a month. My newest thought on Miya's daycare issue is that she is not use to non-Asians. I didn't realize this but she only sees Asian, there's us of course, my parents, most of my friends that have visited are Asians. One my bosses (non-Asian) was holding Miya, she started crying. One of the daycare baby's father (nonAsian) came to pick up his son and Miya started panicking as the father came closer. I am sure I will come up with another theory next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment