Miya is on the move, but not a full crawl. You would think by now she would be fully crawling, but I'm totally convinced she's on the slow side with motor development. She has added another method of crawling, her arms will go crawl forward and she'll hop both her legs forward like a frog leap, pretty dang funny! We'll have to capture that on film.
We've put pillows and rolled up blankets around the floor to create an obstacle course. I think she likes to crawl over them for the sake of the challenge. We discovered this by me sitting on the floor to read a magazine and Miya would get all excited and start coming towards me to climb on my legs! Troy wanted Miya to crawl on him too, so he would sit next to me on the floor.
We started feeding her solids three times a day - this is a lot more work than just plugging her the bottle! The food has to mix with the oatmeal or rice cereal, popped in the micorwave and fed to her. If the food gets cold, she won't eat it. Back into the kitchen to warm it up again. Ugh. She has been introduced to turkey dinners as her first meat - I was not warned about the poopy outcome! Stinky!
We bought this fruit puff a couple weeks back to see if she would like it as the pediatrician informed us to introduce finger food around 9 months. She likes the puff, but has not quite understood the concept of self feeding. Miya knows to open her mouth when I bring the puff to her, but when she's holding the puff, she just plays with it. Today she finally tried to bring the puff into her mouth. She tried. Because she has yet to master the pincer grasp, she tried to shove her whole hand into her mouth! Of course the puff is sitting in her palm which hasn't made its way to the mouth. Miya is a crack-up! String cheese is not a favorite because I think it is cold and tasteless. She shivers and spits it back out. Another funny moment.
Day care continues to go well. She's enjoying her time there! I can't explain what how good it makes me feel to pick her up and she's in a good mood. She hasn't cried and seems to enjoy chasing after a toy or kid. I am still curious to know what Miya's issu was with the other day care. I guess I'll never know.
This weekend has warmed up a bit so we are going to take her to the park and see if she likes the swing or playing the sand! Troy will not be happy if Miya brings sand back into the car. Oh well!
We've put pillows and rolled up blankets around the floor to create an obstacle course. I think she likes to crawl over them for the sake of the challenge. We discovered this by me sitting on the floor to read a magazine and Miya would get all excited and start coming towards me to climb on my legs! Troy wanted Miya to crawl on him too, so he would sit next to me on the floor.
We started feeding her solids three times a day - this is a lot more work than just plugging her the bottle! The food has to mix with the oatmeal or rice cereal, popped in the micorwave and fed to her. If the food gets cold, she won't eat it. Back into the kitchen to warm it up again. Ugh. She has been introduced to turkey dinners as her first meat - I was not warned about the poopy outcome! Stinky!
We bought this fruit puff a couple weeks back to see if she would like it as the pediatrician informed us to introduce finger food around 9 months. She likes the puff, but has not quite understood the concept of self feeding. Miya knows to open her mouth when I bring the puff to her, but when she's holding the puff, she just plays with it. Today she finally tried to bring the puff into her mouth. She tried. Because she has yet to master the pincer grasp, she tried to shove her whole hand into her mouth! Of course the puff is sitting in her palm which hasn't made its way to the mouth. Miya is a crack-up! String cheese is not a favorite because I think it is cold and tasteless. She shivers and spits it back out. Another funny moment.
Day care continues to go well. She's enjoying her time there! I can't explain what how good it makes me feel to pick her up and she's in a good mood. She hasn't cried and seems to enjoy chasing after a toy or kid. I am still curious to know what Miya's issu was with the other day care. I guess I'll never know.
This weekend has warmed up a bit so we are going to take her to the park and see if she likes the swing or playing the sand! Troy will not be happy if Miya brings sand back into the car. Oh well!
1 comment:
I love the one pigtail - TOO CUTE!
Post a Comment