Today is Miya's first New Year's and it was quite uneventful! Ha! We did not do anything out of the ordinary because she has another cold, which she gave to me, which only means that Troy is bound to get sick. We only took down our Christmas ornaments and lights down. Sad to see the holiday go..
We did go to Seattle this past weekend which went well overall, except for the plane ride up. That ride will be the last time I schedule a flight that interferes with her sleep time. Miya started to have a melt down at the beginning of the flight which was delayed and left around 5:45ish. In the middle of the flight I ended up rocking her for 30 minutes and she finally went to sleep. I continued to rock her additional 10 minutes to make sure she was asleep and crepted back into my seat. Miya is one heavy baby! On the way down, it was Troy's turn. The plane left Seattle on time, which was nap time for Miya and ended up falling alseep in Troy's arms - no rocking! Lucky Troy! The naps on the plane only lasted 30 minutes, normal for Miya if she's not horizontal.
Miya has not been eating her solids as well. I think it is because I mix it with rice cereal. I just don't think she likes rice cereal very much. I should try mixing her food with oatmeal, maybe she'll take it better. She use to polish off the jar under 10 minutes. Now with the rice cereal mix, it takes 30 minutes and she will only eat half the jar. Oh well.
Miya is definitely going through a transitional period with her sleep. This stage of her life, she is starting to take only two naps, down from three naps. Normally this wouldn't be problem, but at times she wakes from her second nap at 2:30pm, which is a long time to be awake until bed time (6:30pm). I find myself putting her down at 30 minutes earlier! I kinda feel like I am back at square one where I have to rush home after picking her up, give her solids and start her bath right away. Ugh. Can't wait until Miya can stay up longer. Oh well.
Crawling has not quite happened yet, well not completely. Miya continues to get around withouth moving her left arm much. Getting faster and faster. While on the floor, she can now reach the top of the coffee table and pull things down. One time I found her eating paper and had to clean out her mouth. Gross. The big joy Miya has is standing and leaning agaist the front of the couch, she flashes her toothless smile because she is so happy to be standing. I am trying to teach her to her to pull herself up, which Miya finds funny and starts laughing. Babies sure find weird things funny....
We did go to Seattle this past weekend which went well overall, except for the plane ride up. That ride will be the last time I schedule a flight that interferes with her sleep time. Miya started to have a melt down at the beginning of the flight which was delayed and left around 5:45ish. In the middle of the flight I ended up rocking her for 30 minutes and she finally went to sleep. I continued to rock her additional 10 minutes to make sure she was asleep and crepted back into my seat. Miya is one heavy baby! On the way down, it was Troy's turn. The plane left Seattle on time, which was nap time for Miya and ended up falling alseep in Troy's arms - no rocking! Lucky Troy! The naps on the plane only lasted 30 minutes, normal for Miya if she's not horizontal.
Miya has not been eating her solids as well. I think it is because I mix it with rice cereal. I just don't think she likes rice cereal very much. I should try mixing her food with oatmeal, maybe she'll take it better. She use to polish off the jar under 10 minutes. Now with the rice cereal mix, it takes 30 minutes and she will only eat half the jar. Oh well.
Miya is definitely going through a transitional period with her sleep. This stage of her life, she is starting to take only two naps, down from three naps. Normally this wouldn't be problem, but at times she wakes from her second nap at 2:30pm, which is a long time to be awake until bed time (6:30pm). I find myself putting her down at 30 minutes earlier! I kinda feel like I am back at square one where I have to rush home after picking her up, give her solids and start her bath right away. Ugh. Can't wait until Miya can stay up longer. Oh well.
Crawling has not quite happened yet, well not completely. Miya continues to get around withouth moving her left arm much. Getting faster and faster. While on the floor, she can now reach the top of the coffee table and pull things down. One time I found her eating paper and had to clean out her mouth. Gross. The big joy Miya has is standing and leaning agaist the front of the couch, she flashes her toothless smile because she is so happy to be standing. I am trying to teach her to her to pull herself up, which Miya finds funny and starts laughing. Babies sure find weird things funny....
No comments:
Post a Comment