My little frogger is getting stronger, definitely enjoys climbing and nothing else. I am big on sitting on the floor to watch tv, read or whatever. Evidently this is a signal to Miya that she can start climbing onto my legs, go across and get to the other side of my legs. When pulling herself up from the floor, sometimes she is not close enough to the furniture to get on her feet and gets on her knees instead. Next she will hop her knees forward simultaneously to get in position. One last pull up and finally on her feet. Hence the name frogger. We had to move the coffee table out of the living room because she kept bumping her head, mostly from rolling her head into the table leg. Ouch!
I had to move Miya from the infant tub to the bath tub, it was starting to get too cramp. I was dreading putting her in the bath tub because I would have to hunch over which is going to kill my back! Anyways, I just get in the tub and squat to wash her. I don't think she likes the tub yet because she's been awfully whiny during her baths. Too much space? Who knows.
She is not eating her solids as well . My sister brought up the point that I may be feeding her too much with 2 TBSP oatmeal mixed in with the baby food. Who knew Miya had a limit? Maybe she's right. I know it is important to have the rice cereal/ oatmeal but Miya just does not like the taste. I have to mix the stuff with her food, but it makes the consistency pretty thick. We'll see tomorrow if she eats any better once I reduce to the oatmeal to 1 TBSP. The string cheese, still not a winner. Miya does not like the taste of cold food, I think. I'm trying to figure out a way for her to eat the cheese, but she continuously spits it back out. The one finger food she does LOVE is the fruit puffs. Did I mention that she LOVES them? Still trying to get the idea of the pincer grasp, not there yet. One improvement is that she knows to open her hand in her mouth if she wants the puff, instead of trying to inhale her whole fist!
I had to move Miya from the infant tub to the bath tub, it was starting to get too cramp. I was dreading putting her in the bath tub because I would have to hunch over which is going to kill my back! Anyways, I just get in the tub and squat to wash her. I don't think she likes the tub yet because she's been awfully whiny during her baths. Too much space? Who knows.
She is not eating her solids as well . My sister brought up the point that I may be feeding her too much with 2 TBSP oatmeal mixed in with the baby food. Who knew Miya had a limit? Maybe she's right. I know it is important to have the rice cereal/ oatmeal but Miya just does not like the taste. I have to mix the stuff with her food, but it makes the consistency pretty thick. We'll see tomorrow if she eats any better once I reduce to the oatmeal to 1 TBSP. The string cheese, still not a winner. Miya does not like the taste of cold food, I think. I'm trying to figure out a way for her to eat the cheese, but she continuously spits it back out. The one finger food she does LOVE is the fruit puffs. Did I mention that she LOVES them? Still trying to get the idea of the pincer grasp, not there yet. One improvement is that she knows to open her hand in her mouth if she wants the puff, instead of trying to inhale her whole fist!
No comments:
Post a Comment