Monday, July 14, 2008

15 mos old





Wow - how time flies! I can't believe Miya is already 15 months old! I keep wanting to call her my baby, but she's a big girl now. And what a big girl she is. We had her 15 month appt and she checked out well. A couple of things the doc mentioned that we need to work on 1) sippy cup goal by 18 mos; 2) get her to say a couple of words. Yeah, a little harder than we thought. Miya has not said much other than babbling, she makes new sounds with her babble but no actual word. After seeing Joshy point to his facial features, we worked on pointing out the nose and see if Miya can make the connection. It started off as "noh" and pointing to her chin. Uh, not quite. Finally today, she touched Troy's nose and said "nom." Close enough, Miya's official first word is nose


Miya is walking like a champ now. Still has a little fall here or there, but is getting faster and faster. The other day when I picked her up from day care, she actually walked towards me! Usually it is a squeal and fast crawl. I guess she decided to be a big girl and walk! She took her first walk on public sidewalk today! We walked around Rockridge while Troy got his haircut, a little slow but we're getting there.


I think Miya is giving us insight to her terrible twos; showing signs of tantrums and it ain't pretty. Screaming, flipping on her tummy and just crying! It is annoying! I can't believe Miya has decided to behave this way. I've been doing some reading and seek advice on how to deal with the situation. Empathsize and let Miya know this behavior is unacceptable. Troy and I have learned just to leave her alone in the room, which seems to work.. for now.


I also had to go to L.A. last weekend. I left for one day and Troy took care of Miya for a full 24 hours by himself! It seems like he did pretty well and Miya looked good too. One downside is I think Miya was mad at me because I wasn't around. Yeah, sad. Miya gave me a small smile and didn't want anything to do with me. She wanted Troy to pick her up and comfort her! Yikes! Bad mom.

No comments: