Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Max is 11 months old


Max has turned 11 months old and he has made significant progress in the gross motor skills. He can get himself around army crawling. Ok, not really army, more like a seal pup wiggling his way around. If he wants to make a big move, he throws his head back, then thrusts forward to move 2 inches. Pretty funny. As you can see in the pics, he is finally putting some weight on his legs, but can't pull himself up yet. Self feeding is going well, using the pincer move, LOVES to eat. Why is it that my two kids LOVE to eat? I should be grateful that they are not picky eaters.



Miya continues to enjoy preschool a great deal and talks about her best friend Josie a lot. When I pick Miya up from preschool, she will often give Josie and Maya a hug a they will wave good-bye to each other. It almost looks like grade school kids. So cute!




I think I'm turning Miya into a shoe girl. She is obsessed with these "diamond" shoes from Gap. Ok, I admit that I love them too and can't resist buying them. I would buy more but I control myself and find an excuse to purchase them, like "they are 1/2 off" or "they match her holiday dress." Aren't they so adorable?



Miya continues to be a good big sister and loves to play with Max. She tries to hold him but gets scared sometimes, not realizing how heavy he is and is he heavy. We put both them on this rocker and told Miya not to let him go. She did a pretty darn good job.



Our little seal pup is discovering the world around him. He loves to get his hands into anything and pull everything out. We had to put up the baby gate to prevent him from getting into anything crazy. Max is definitely a boy, he loves little matchbox cars and likes to move them across the floor. I find this amazing because he won't show any initiative to pull himself up, but he can move a matchbox care across the floor. Unbelievable.

No comments: