


This morning Miya woke up in a good mood. When I came to her room she did her happy dance and started blowing raspberries. This was something new. I knew it was coming because she has been experimenting with her tongue and lips. My co-worker warned me when you feed Miya and she starts blowing raspberries, food is EVERYWHERE. Haven't experienced it yet, but not looking forward to it.
Eating is going well, Miya definitely loves her peas and still polishing off an enitre jar. Now that she has started solids, I noticed her poop has changed for the worse in my opinion. The poop is more adult-like, darker, stinkier and more solid. Gross! Today was her last day on peas and tomorrow we start on green beans.
Separation anxiety is starting. I mentioned this to the pediatrician and she said it could start now but considered early. Troy noticed that when I leave the room she starts whining and when both us leave the room, Miya gets really upset. Even at daycare, she has not completely adjusted yet. When the caretaker turns around, Miya gets upset. Out of the four babies at daycare, Miya seems to be the high maintenance one. I'm not sure why, she cries at daycare almost every day but never cries at home. I feel bad but what can I do? Miya will learn, eventually.
Miya is getting stronger and stronger and she is learning to scoot herself in a circle while on her tummy. We need to start baby-proofing the house, but we don't know which room to keep Miya in. She's learning to sit up without support and when she falls back, she smiles. I guess it might feel like a game?? Who knows with babies...
Work is gettin easier. I definitely have found my groove. Miya is starting to sleep less at night, which must be a shift because of her age. We put her down half hour later, usually 6:30pm which seems appropriate for her given that she wakes up at 5:45am on her own. Even thought the day is completely hectic an exhausting, I'm glad that I went back to work. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed my job and what great co-workers I have.
No comments:
Post a Comment