We went to a pumpkin patch in Clayton last weekend, which was pretty fun. The patch wasn't too big but just enough for Miya to explore without getting overwhelmed. The original plan was to go to Half Moon Bay the previous weekend, but Miya got sick. I think that was the first time she was really sick, and was she miserable! There was no consoling other than tylenol and her crib. After the tylenol kicked in, she did a complete 180 from screaming/ crying, thrashing her body around not wanting to be touch to smiling, playing and being her normal self.
The Clayton location had some live animals and Miya was absolutely fascinated with chickens. Birds in general seem to be of great interest to her, which is unfortunate for me. I dislike birds greatly. Not sure why, I just don't like birds. As usual, Miya needed about 20 mintues to adjust to a new location at the patch. In the beginning she stood around looking at other kids running around, staring at pumpkins and looking confused. Once she became comfortable, she started walking around and even picked out a pumpkin for herself to carry around.
For a Halloween weekend, it was hot! I had Miya in a tank top!
Miya definitely has her own taste in clothes. In the mornings when I dress her, she definitely lets me know when she doesn't like the shirt by pulling on the sleeve and shaking her head "nyo nyo nyo." Who knew an 18 month old would have any fashion sense??
Eating with utensils has gain momentum, primarily the fork. The spoon does not appeal to her and she rather have it out of her sight. Miya is a fork girl and gets the idea that she has to poke the food to make it stick. If nothing sticks, she gets frustrated. Who wouldn't? Miya will stab at the food hard without looking hoping to hit something and give her sad face. If no success, she'll let out a big cry. So whiny!
Miya has learned to blow kisses before she goes to sleep, but still is too shy to kiss us on the cheek. Did I mention she was shy? Not sure what I can do about it. Miya is starting to say "buh-byesh" instead of "dye" as she waves like a crazy girl when we leave day care. Words, slowly but surely coming along. More slowly if anything. Troy has concluded that Miya is on the slow side when it comes to the mouth region. She still has only 8 teeth, four on top and four on bottom. Oh well, nothing we can do.
No comments:
Post a Comment