Miya isn't eating as much, very SURPRISING!! I thought she loved to eat, but some days, she doesn't feel like eating much. Maybe it was the sweet potatoes, which she doesn't care too much for. Oh, which reminds... the other night, Miya I guess went to sleep with an extremely full stomach. She was trying to sleep and she let out a cry. I thought she was trying to settle into sleeping and was rolling around so I left her alone. The next morning, I went to get her like usual and noticed a sweet potato scent. I just ASSUMED it was a poopy diaper and thought 1) her diaper pail needs to be emptied or 2) she must have pooped and her diaper needs to be changed. I turn on the light and noticed that her hair looked extra curly and "crunchy." Next I noticed orange crust on her face, an orangish color on her sleepsack collar and crib sheet. OH GROSS!!! She had spit up sweet potatoes and breastmilk and THAT was why she was crying last night. Oops!!! Troy and I cleaned her up with a wet towel, but the stench from her neck was still there. Oh well, off to daycare you go! Smell and all! Great parents we are! Miya didn't seem to really mind, I guess why should we? Mental note, don't force her to finish the bottle.
We had her 8 month check-up and she's a healthy girl. Her weight is now 18.11lbs (75%) and height 28" (90%). I was suppose to do a follow-up check on her heart murmur but I canceled because the pediatrician didn't hear anything at the last appointment. This time, she heard the murmur again, so I need to re-schedule the follow-up appt with the pediatric cardiologist again. I don't think it is that serious because she is eating fine and growing and sleeping well. I guess better to be safe than sorry.
Miya is definitely getting mobile with her bum left arm crawl. She continues to get on all fours and rocks back and forth more often. Especially when something gets her attention, like a cord, string, anyting that she can pull on. Today I discovered someting that makes her laugh, I play this game with her sock. I hand her her sock, she grabs with one hand and I pull it from her and repeat. Miya cracks up! Who knew this was funny? Babies sure find strange things funny.
This is the last week Miya is with the daycare. Brittany (current day care) is on vacation and she has a substitute. I am curious to see if Miya cries as much. If not, it must be Brittany. Again, my theory of the week. Come January 1st, Miya starts a new day care where I hope she is more comfortable.
Just mailed our Holiday card today, so everyone should get them shortly.
We had her 8 month check-up and she's a healthy girl. Her weight is now 18.11lbs (75%) and height 28" (90%). I was suppose to do a follow-up check on her heart murmur but I canceled because the pediatrician didn't hear anything at the last appointment. This time, she heard the murmur again, so I need to re-schedule the follow-up appt with the pediatric cardiologist again. I don't think it is that serious because she is eating fine and growing and sleeping well. I guess better to be safe than sorry.
Miya is definitely getting mobile with her bum left arm crawl. She continues to get on all fours and rocks back and forth more often. Especially when something gets her attention, like a cord, string, anyting that she can pull on. Today I discovered someting that makes her laugh, I play this game with her sock. I hand her her sock, she grabs with one hand and I pull it from her and repeat. Miya cracks up! Who knew this was funny? Babies sure find strange things funny.
This is the last week Miya is with the daycare. Brittany (current day care) is on vacation and she has a substitute. I am curious to see if Miya cries as much. If not, it must be Brittany. Again, my theory of the week. Come January 1st, Miya starts a new day care where I hope she is more comfortable.
Just mailed our Holiday card today, so everyone should get them shortly.
No comments:
Post a Comment