Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Rolly Polly





Miya sure knows how to roll to her left.. only. She has yet to roll any other direction nor from her tummy. After her bath, I put Miya on her changing table to dry off, put on her diaper and PJs. Sounds simple right? Not so. I can't pin her down AND put her diaper on. She constantly wants to roll and doesn't like to be on her back. My friends had warn me that it "is MUCH easier to handle a baby when they can't move much, just you wait...." Were they ever right! Sometimes I have to call Troy over to hold her down just to put on her diaper!

Now that Miya is getting stronger, she does this swimming thing where she's on her tummy and starts moving her legs and arms in mid air without touching the ground. I've seen older babies do this in gymboree, pretty funny.

Daycare did not go as well as I had hoped yesterday. We started her new schedule yesterday, wake-up at 6:30am. It was a battle. She was so tired, she kept trying to open her eyes, rolling her head back and forth and closing her eyes to go back to sleep. This went on for about 15 minutes. As soon as I got to daycare (7:15am), I put her in the crib. She slept for 4 hours!! Not good! I told the daycare person in an email prior to starting that Miya can not nap beyond 2 hours and she should take 2-3 naps a day. I guess she didn't read my email. We discussed Miya's new schedule,

6:30 Wake Up/ Bottle
8:00 Nap
9:30 Bottle
11:00 Nap
12:30 Bottle
2:30 Nap
3:30 Bottle
5:00 Pick Up

We'll see how this goes... work in progress....

No comments: